Thursday, June 25, 2009

michael jackson dies

Michael Jackson has died. The King of Pop is officially dead now. For many years we have hid our thoughts of the old Michael Jackson that graced American Bandstand and blessed an adoring public for decades. The King of Pop passed away moments ago and I can't help but think that maybe that a piece of my chiildhood has died also. Michael Jackson was America's superstar for twenty years. He started with hits like "Rockin Robin" and "ABC" with catchy refrains and great dance moves. He captivated this young American;s heart and even prompted me to practice moonwalks with a sparkly glove on. I could do every move from "Thriller" to "Beat it." Every wedding provided an opportunity for me to dance against my cousin John Mark as Thriller would come on.

I am saddened with the passing of an American hero today. I am also forced to recall the hero that seemingly passed to me years ago. I am forced to realize that this person may have died to the America public some years ago. This cultural phenomenon became a punchline later in life. It was sad to see the fall of this great performer. The eyes of America and the world can be crushing. I guess the last dance was today. He will be missed by this blogger but I have missed him for a long time. I miss the old Michael Jackson. This hero has been gone but now it is official.

Bye Bye Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment